[mythtv-users] sa3250 keep alive

Daniel Arfsten darfsten at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 5 12:16:13 UTC 2007

I'm finding that after about a week of successfully recording HD
over
firewire from my SA3250 it just stops. Its happened for the past
2 weeks
now consistently (thursday nights in the first few minutes of
conan). I
don't get any errors in the logs (not even the usual no input
for 15
seconds), just no mpeg. After a few resets of the STB and a
reboot I can
get it to respond again. I was wondering if anyone had a
solution or was
even experiencing a similar issue with this particular STB. I
saw a post
for a dct6200 keep alive script earlier and was hoping for
something
similar, yet my googling has found little.
My SA3250 sits in a closet with my HD frontend so it gets quite
warm, so
thats one possibility.

Daniel

there's a way to incorporate firewire_tester using the -R option which
resets the firewire bus. It's an external channel changing script. Here it
is:
http://bentonroberts.com/personal/media-server/code/mySA3250change.sh/view

I would really like to know though why I can successfully record with
test-mpeg2 as well as use firewire_tester with p2p node 0 port 0 but can't
change channels no matter what!! I ahve tried the internal channel changing
within mythtv for both the sa4250 and the sa3250 but it doesn't work. I ahve
even tried all of the channel changers that are at the above link I provided
to no avail. The vendor code is accepted and it appears to work but no
channel change?? I am only thinking that TWC here in milwaukee has disabled
the firewire port from accepting tuning commands.  here's my post about my
issue if you can help. Yes I haev tried the -s option still no work.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/287820?#287820

Daniel