[mythtv-users] Fwd: Scheduling Conflicts?

Jon jon.the.wise.gdrive at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 04:53:29 UTC 2007

On Sep 27, 2007, at 1:25 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> On 09/26/2007 12:05 AM, Jon wrote:
>> I have some scheduling conflicts I need to understand. My priorities
>> are set appropriately. I had Heroes set to record (find weekly,
>> priority +25) and instead myth decided it wanted to record Amercian
>> Bodyshop (find whenever, priority -2)
>>
>> Tonight it was set to record House, (weekly, priority +20) and
>> instead wanted to record Eureeka (anytime, priority -3). I have
>> overridden this, but would like to understand why it is scheduling
>> things all funky. I missed heroes, and have to wait til the end of
>> the week when it airs again (or download it)
>>
>> I understand that there may have not been another airing of the
>> bodyshop or eureeka episodes (unlikely though, they air a lot) but
>> wouldn't the priority override this setting?
>>
>> Please advise me on how to make this work so I can just forget about
>> it and know my recordings are going to happen.
>
> You've told Myth it can do this.  In frontend settings:

I've done nothing of the kind.

> Reschedule Higher Priorities
> Move higher priority programs to other cards and showings when
> resolving
> conflicts.  This can be used to record lower priority programs that
> would otherwise not be recorded, but risks missing a higher priority
> program if the schedule changes.

Well, this setting is set, but I know that nobody here did it. Is
that the default? If so, someone should reconsider that setting.

> I know for a fact, that Heroes had a rerun scheduled.  I'd guess the
> same is true of House (though I didn't research it).

Yep.

> If you want highest-priority shows first--even if it means missing a
> lower-priority show--disable the above setting.  Not that disabling
> the
> setting means you'll get Heroes.  With the setting enabled, you might
> not get it as the rerun could be cancelled (i.e. the schedule may
> change
> before the rerun airs and something else may be shown instead).
> That's
> exactly why there's a big fat warning in the help text for the
> setting.

Yea, saw that and fixed it. So far, seems to be working right. Wonder
how it got set to reschedule them. This explains TONS of my recording
woes since I've gotten this system set up (this particular database
was from a fresh 0.19 build in which I inserted the programs table
from my 0.18 database and linked all the files from my old myth
install (80 gig drive mounted at /myth2) into the new myth recording
dir (200 gig drive mounted at /myth)

I don't know. *shrugs* oh well. Glad to know that was the problem,
and glad that it won't reschedule them anymore... I was so annoyed,
it's like, what is the point of the priority if it's just going to
ignore it and record what it wants... but now it seems to work. Guess
the better solution for the future is to go get myself a couple more
cards (I have 3 DirecTV boxes, only 1 currently hooked up to a
capture device)