[mythtv-users] MythVid: Display Movies in Correct Order

James Oltman cnlibmyth at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 00:53:56 UTC 2007

> There's an art to getting them to display correctly.   By "art", I
> mean you have to misname them, as a general rule.  It sorts them as
> the titles indicate they should be sorted, but that doesn't always
> result in the order that makes sense by the cinematic logic.  The
> solution is to misname them into an order that does make sense:
>
> Alien 1: Alien
> Alien 2: Aliens
> Alien 3: Alien³
> Alien 4: Alien Resurrection
>
> The other option is to nuke them from orbit; it's the only way  to be
> sure.

It's funny that you should mention the Alien series.  I have that series and
this is how the files are named:

Alien 1.iso
Alien 2.iso
Alien 3.iso
Alien 4.iso

In Myth Vid Gallery, they are displayed like this:

Alien 3
Alien:  Resurrection
Aliens
Alien

What did you mean by "nuke them from orbit"?  Removing them from the
database, then re-adding them?  Thanks!

Jim