[mythtv-users] looking for drama free analog card

Chris Isip cmisipster at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 23:53:59 UTC 2007

i am completely unaware of this audio problem with the pvr 500.  I have been
using a 4 tuner setup with no problem. 2 PVR 250's and a PVR 500 on an
ancient Soyo KT400 (It has FIVE PCI slots!) with 2400 Athlon XP.  There was
no configuration whatsoever other than in mythtv setup.  I am running
kernel  2.6.18-1.2239.fc5.   Grepping ivtv in rpm -qa reveals:
ivtv-kmdl-2.6.18-1.2200.fc5-0.8.0-121.fc5.at
perl-Video-ivtv-0.13-8.fc5.at
ivtv-kmdl-2.6.18-1.2239.fc5-0.8.2-123.fc5.at
ivtv-firmware-1.8a-10.at
ivtv-0.8.2-123.fc5.at

I dont know why I have to ivtv-kmdl's but I am not going to mess with it.
It works.   I do get these in dmesg though :

ivtv1: All encoder MPEG stream buffers are full. Dropping data.
ivtv1: Cause: the application is not reading fast enough.

Which results in very minor frame dropping.  Not that obvious at all with
playback, considering I have a couple PATA drives in LVM.
I have given up on the kernel upgrade -> upgrade ivtv cycle since unecessary
software upgrades have borked my system before.  Once I found a good
combination, I stayed with it.