[mythtv-users] HD deinterlacing

Andrew Gallatin gallatin at cs.duke.edu
Mon Oct 1 20:03:14 UTC 2007

Ryan Steffes [rbsteffes at gmail.com] wrote:
> Did your recording show the correct length?  I've noticed a problem
> that I haven't started to track down where recordings (again,
> predominantly NBCHD, which is why I asked) have periodic burst of
> faster motion.  The length of the show itself shows as being shorter
> than it should be, though.  For example, an hour long show may show as
> being 53 minutes long and when watching it, there's occasional bursts

I'm in the same area as you (recognized you from AVS forums).
I see the same thing as you.  I typically see it on NBC and CBS,
but almost never on PBS.

I'm pretty sure that it is due to either our local stations, or
the networks, doing something fancy for "film" (24fps) content.
This is why things like live shows (sports, Letterman) doesn't
have this problem, as it is filmed at 30fps.  There was a dicussion
about this a few months ago on our local (Raleigh, NC) AVS forum
HD reception thread.

Drew