[mythtv-users] Problems with em2880-dvb driver

chris at idlelion.net chris at idlelion.net
Mon Oct 1 15:33:44 UTC 2007

Hey all,

I have a(n) Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-950 that was working great on my F7 setup
until I did a yum update and got a new kernel. I had to (very tediously)
remove the nvidia video driver and re-install, and now that's working
again...

but the em2880-dvb driver is not. I followed the instructions on this
page:
http://lunapark6.com/usb-hdtv-tuner-stick-for-windows-linux-hauppauge-wintv-hvr-950.html

And it seems to build and install just fine, but if I reboot, the tuner is
not detected properly, and "modprobe em2880-dvb" gives a response that it
can't find such a module.

Pointers on where TFM is for me to R are greatly appreciated.

Chris