[mythtv-users] master backend on nslu2 ?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed May 30 20:54:15 UTC 2007

Jacob Yeh wrote:

> I will let you all know how it turns out but Guillame, it certainly is
> NOT a bad idea (in my opinion) to use the NSLU2 as a cheap,
> low-power-consuming, quiet machine as a tuner-less MythTV master backend
> machine.

Perhaps. The main problem with the slug (AKA NSLU2) is that it is
relatively slow, as is its access to attached USB hard drives.

If you wanted to serve out or in multiple streams of HD to a network you
would almost certainly be in trouble. For a single stream of SD, or
perhaps even 2, it might be OK.

BEWW