[mythtv-users] LIRCD and Microsoft 1044 Keyboard

Craig Courtney craig at dawnsedge.com
Tue May 29 03:24:44 UTC 2007

The keyboard keys won't get picked up by lirc, they use a different
encoding.  There is a project which allows the keyboard to work, but I have
not had much luck with it.  The driver causes lockups on my machines all the
time.  You'll need to use the version which is both a keyboard driver and an
lirc module so you can still use the regular remote keys (lirc_mod_mce).
Please let us know if you get it working well.  Also keep in mind the driver
will not work with lirc 0.8.2 you have to have 0.8.1 and you will have to
black list the lirc_mceusb2 driver which comes with lirc.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mod-mce