[mythtv-users] Software RAID and ionice

Richard Freeman r-mythtv at thefreemanclan.net
Sun May 27 11:34:36 UTC 2007

David Rees wrote:

> Hmm, that implies that something is not getting closed cleanly when
> the threaded file writer exits... 30 seconds corresponds with the
> linux kernel default of data flush intervals.
>
> It looks like it should be fairly easy to write a small program to
> test the ThreadedFileWriter, I'll try to write one in the next week or
> two.

It looks like TFW has a destructor that should close the file (it
shouldn't matter if the file gets synced as long as it gets closed
unless the whole system crashes).  I went up one level to the RingBuffer
class and that has a destructor which deletes the TFW that it spawns, so
that should be ok.

Going up from there looks a bit messier.  Basically we need to make sure
that anything that creates a RingBuffer deletes it when it is done.

If I just stick a printf in the Ringbuffer constructor/destructors, will
that make its way into the logs?  What is the best way to log a simple
message in myth?  I want it to always log - I don't want to have to
enable all debug messages to see it...