[mythtv-users] Conversion from single backend to new master/slave backend?

David Frascone dave at frascone.com
Thu May 24 17:40:22 UTC 2007

David Frascone wrote:

> So -- as an intermediate test, I'm going to have my database server run
> mythjob queue . . .

Ok -- I've moved the db server a couple of times, and it's happy in it's new
home.

I will have the new backend server up soon, so it's time to start moving
things.

The plan:  Move existing backend over to a nice rackmount server with a few
disks. -- Old backend will eventually be populated with new high-capacity
disks, and will be a slave backend.

But -- I do have a couple more questions:

Every time I screw with my tuners, I have to delete them all, delete all the
sources, and rebuild them all.  Which is extra painful since I have to
manually fix the listings on my highdef channels off of the raw cable feed.

So -- is there any way to save the setup, so I don't have to manually edit
the channels again?

Or, is it possible to move tuners to another backend w/o editing the
channels?  If I move all the hardware at once, can the new backend just take
over?

-Dave

--
David Frascone