[mythtv-users] Intel 945GM graphics ok?

Calin Brabandt cbrabandt at yahoo.com
Thu May 24 06:35:00 UTC 2007

> Are there actual cards that have this chipset or is
> it simply motherboards that come with this chipset?
> I searched around looking for cards and came up
> empty.

> --
> seth / @sethdaniel.org

Seth, I think it's pretty much just the mobos
that have Intel graphics, ATM. (There are rumors of
future Intel grapics products.)  There are few options
for anything but VGA output too, unless you get and
ADD-2 card, which is how I solved TV connectivity.

I reported tearing on my 965 mobo but good sync on
my 915.  I also have a 945, but it's my big Gentoo
file server and I don't really want to install Myth
and multimedia aps on it so I have know idea how it
would work.  I"m using the latest Intel 2.0 drivers
(built from source) on the 915 and 965.

-Cal