[mythtv-users] Recommendation for replacement motherboard/processor?

William Munson william_munson at bellsouth.net
Tue May 22 19:12:48 UTC 2007

My current setup is a homebuilt AthlonXP 3000+ in what I believe is a
standard ATX form factor. I have decided that it is just not fast enough
to handle HD video along with the other overhead. I would like to reuse
as much as possible of the stuff I already have. (Power supply, case,
drives, etc...) Being on a wife driven budget I would also like to keep
things as cheap as possible without sacrificing performance. I need the
system to be able to record 2 HD streams off of a HDHR and 2 streams off
of PVR-250's while watching HD tv. Currently no need for streaming to
remote frontends.

What I am looking for is a great package deal on board/processor/memory
that is going to easily handle the above. I would also consider a bare
bones system with case and supply. In the second case I would simply
retire the old system to be used as my desktop system.  What great deals
are out there right now?

TIA,
Bill