[mythtv-users] Recommendation for replacement motherboard/processor?

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue May 22 19:50:09 UTC 2007

On 5/22/07, William Munson <william_munson at bellsouth.net> wrote:
> My current setup is a homebuilt AthlonXP 3000+ in what I believe is a
> standard ATX form factor. I have decided that it is just not fast enough
> to handle HD video along with the other overhead. I would like to reuse
> as much as possible of the stuff I already have. (Power supply, case,
> drives, etc...) Being on a wife driven budget I would also like to keep
> things as cheap as possible without sacrificing performance. I need the
> system to be able to record 2 HD streams off of a HDHR and 2 streams off
> of PVR-250's while watching HD tv. Currently no need for streaming to
> remote frontends.
>
> What I am looking for is a great package deal on board/processor/memory
> that is going to easily handle the above. I would also consider a bare
> bones system with case and supply. In the second case I would simply
> retire the old system to be used as my desktop system.  What great deals
> are out there right now?
>
> TIA,
> Bill

You should be able to find something through newegg or if you live
near a Fry's they usually have good package deals. For the cheap go
with an Athlon64 dual core, any speed should suffice for your use. For
good deals check the forums at fatwallet and slickdeals.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!