[mythtv-users] Building a MythTV Box

Gavin Lewandowski gavin at lewandowski.org.uk
Sun May 20 20:47:11 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I have spent some of the weekend evaluating and looking at MythTV and
decided to have a go at building my own linux based media server.

I have the following components available to use ;

*) asus a7v600-x motherboard
*) amd athlon 2800 processor
*) 1gig memory
*) usb memory card reader 7 in 1

Can anyone recommend the additional components togo with the server, for
tuner's I am considering a Hauppauge Nova T-500 Dual , it would be nice
to feed my sky+ output through the media PC too.

DVD recording will be taken care of by using a LG burner , would
appreciate some recommendations for the other pieces to build the
machine. 500gig SATA hdd , Infrared Control ?

Kind Regards,

Gavin