[mythtv-users] flipping between interlaced and progressive source detection

Scott list-mythtv at bluecamel.eml.cc
Tue May 22 00:17:48 UTC 2007

On May 20, 2007, at 6:16 PM, Scott wrote:
> I'll try playing the streams back from mplayer and xine and see if
> they detect the same format changes. For the curious, my mythfrontend
> -v playback logs of each station are at http://donpoo.net/mythtv/
> abc.txt , nbc.txt, cbs.txt, and fox.txt.

I used mplayer to play back a MythTV .mpg stream recorded off OTA
ATSC from NBC HD which broadcasts in 1080i. The mythtv log of it is
at http://donpoo.net/mythtv/nbc.txt. The mplayer log of the same
recording is at http://donpoo.net/mythtv/nbc_mplayer.txt

With mplayer, specifying -v -vf pulldown allows me to see a clear 3:2
teleclined pattern present. Does MythTV recognize and attempt to
handle 1080i interlace content that has been teleclined?

--
Scott