[mythtv-users] Foxconn 6150k8ma tv-out woes

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Sun May 20 04:43:42 UTC 2007

On 5/19/07, Elanor <jamina1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> Finally got all the parts to build my mythbox and its a total nightmare-
> hardware wise. Already had to replace a PSU, and possibly will have to
> look into a new MB too :(
>
> Anyway. I bought the Foxconn 6150k8ma-8ekrs motherboard specifically
> because it supported s-video out and I wouldn't have to spend money (or
> room in the case) on an extra video card. Anyway, I CAN'T GET IT
> WORKING. I'm running 64-bit Ubuntu and Mythtv, and the only thing I can
> get is VGA output to a monitor. I've enabled it in the bios, and the
> only thing that gets me is no video at all from either source. Is this
> because of the Linux Nvidia driver?
>
> I know this isn't the foxconn support forum, but I was wondering if
> anyone else had a similar problem and could help out?

I'm not sure what you've tried, what you have or much else beyond what
distro you are running.  My blind guess though is that you don't have
the NVidia binary driver installed since the open source xorg nv
driver doesn't support any other output besides the "first" (IIRC)
which in this case appears to be the VGA, and it very likely also
doesn't support TV out (yet).  So, minimally you'll need the NVidia
driver and from there you will need a supporting xorg file, something
really simple like:
driver "nvidia"
Option "TwinView" "True"

Would at least probably get you started.

Good luck!

-Chad