[mythtv-users] Choppy playback with PVR350 on Fedora Core 6

Jeff Fisher mythtv-users at thefishers.ca
Tue May 15 14:39:26 UTC 2007

> What do your log say?  Check dmesg, /var/log/messages, /var/log/secure
> (or syslog) and your mythbackend logs.   Anything interesting in
> there?

Nothing of interest.
> run iostat 1    when you are recording and look at the io usage from
> there.   How does that look?

I had already run a bunch of these IO tests and compared them to my myth
box -- nothing seems out of the ordinary on them.
> What kind of hardware configuration are you using anyway?

P4 2Ghz, 768 megs of ram, single 320GBide drive, PVR-350

It's weird but I've done a ton of poking around on this but nothing
seems to make sense.

I also forgot to mention, the audio seems to be higher pitched than what
it should be both in mplayer and through mythfrontend.

Jeff