[mythtv-users] Missing channel 5

Ian Barton lists at manor-farm.org
Tue May 15 14:26:52 UTC 2007

> Anyway, One thing that's missing at the moment is Channel 5. Should I
> just try re-scanning for this or is there something different you have
> to do with it? I think I've had it in the past. I couldn't find anything
> in the archives. Will rescanning disturb upcoming recordings?

Rescanning should be OK. However, as a precaution back up mythconverg
first, then you can always restore it if anything goes wrong.

I have problems with Channel 5 (Winter Hill transmitter). In my case I
think MythTV is somehow getting the scan data wrong, as I can tune if
fine using Kaffeine. When I get time I am going to manually edit the
MythTV channel data and see if that fixes it.

Ian.