[mythtv-users] vga2scart interlacing on UK Channel 4

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Tue May 15 09:50:39 UTC 2007

In message <cc22fa3b0705150236t11fa13f2ge7618e4857b8e0a8 at mail.gmail.com>
        Simeon Walker <simbloke at googlemail.com> wrote:

> I've made a VGA to SCART cable for an NVidia 6150 based board. I'm
> tesing with MiniMyth 0.20-21.
> The modeline I'm using is: "720x576" 13.875 720 744 808 888 576 581
> 586 625 -hsync -vsync interlace
>
> Everything thing is good except on recordings from Channel 4, More 4
> etc. It looks like the fields are displayed in the wrong order. It
> doesn't seem to matter what I select from the OSD menu regarding,
> detect/progessive/interlaced/reversed.
>
> I know there are a few people here using these cables, so have any of
> you had such a problem?

Yes, it's a well known problem with no known solution.

I don't find that it is channel specific - in fact it tends to come
and go as you watch because there is no way to know which field the
video card is outputting so no way to know which field to give it so
even if you use OpenGL or something to sync correctly it is entirely
random whether the fields come out in the right order or not.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/