[mythtv-users] MythDora 4.0 - User Login Problem

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Sat May 12 23:00:24 UTC 2007

On Saturday 12 May 2007 12:14:02 Andy Speagle wrote:
> > It sounds like for some reason the right desktop session type didn't get
> > set. I presume you did a custom install and messed around with package
> > selection a bit... Choose a specific session type from the gdm screen and
> > set it as your default, and you should be in better shape.
>
> I'd actually tried this right off of the bat... and this doesn't seem to be
> the problem... what else can I look at?

Hrm... What desktops did you install? You should be able to do a text login as
your mythtv user and run 'switchdesk <desktop>' where <desktop> is gnome, kde
or xfce... If switchdesk isn't found, then 'yum install switchdesk', rinse
and repeat. If still no luck... I'd be interested in seeing your installation
logs (offlist).

--jarod