[mythtv-users] MythTV recording types priorities need to be finer grained.

jedi at mishnet.org jedi at mishnet.org
Sat May 12 21:53:25 UTC 2007

    My current pet peeve with MythTV is the fact that more
narrow search types are not prioritized in favor of wider
search types. So, if I have a genre movie search rule that
will override a keyword search rule, title search rule or
specific program rule. This occurs just because the rule
is older (smaller recordid).

     The current priority scheme to sort out multiple rules
for the same program only accounts for how often you want
to record something and ignores the specificity of the nd
search key itself.

     I really sucks to have to muck around with a convoluted
power search rule just so I can create a newer and more
specific rule. This behavior makes wider "catch all" sorts
of rules a minor pain to deal with. That's a shame because
such rules are quite handy and most ways effectively simulate
the behaivor of Tivo suggestions.

     I am going to poke around in the code to see if there's
any straightforward way to get the behaivor I want.

     Something else to consider might be a simple rule order
column so that the rules get reflected back in the data and
there's a separation between the ordering logic and the rest
of the code that would be effected by it. This would also make
personalized tweaks easier.