[mythtv-users] MythArchive execution time?

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Fri May 11 01:50:16 UTC 2007

> There is an option to cut video that is already in mpeg2 format and
> leave it in mpeg2 format without transcoding the video. I've never
> used this feature so I'm not sure what the settings are. I'm sure if
> you poke around on the mailing list or in the wiki you can locate it
> there. Basically, you would make sure your commercial flags are set
> to the right places, cut them out without transcoding video, then do
> not transcode video when burning your DVD with MythArchive.

I use projectX to precut the commercials replacing the original mpeg
files with the project X cut mpegs. Then I use MythArchive to make
dvds. I have done this around 200 times with around a 99% success
rate.  Attached is my pxcut.sh script if you read the code it is
geared to my setup and not very flexible but it works for me. I also
use my own  mythburn.py script that removed the --fix_sync option on
mythreplex. The reason for this is with that flag enabled the audio
goes completely out partway through some recordings.

John