[mythtv-users] Problem playing DVDs on mythfrontend

Søren Dalsgaard soren at dalsgaards.dk
Thu May 10 19:24:35 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I have succesfully installed a mythbackend on one server and a frontend on
another pc. The frontend works great and can play avi files and quicktime
movies with mplayer. My only problem now is with playing dvds.

1) I'd like the system to autodetect when a dvd is inserted and start
playing the dvd
2) I'd like the system to detect when I eject the dvd (by pressing the
button on the pc) and go back to mythtv
3) I'd like to get a "good" dvd player. Is that mplayer / xine / ogle or
something else?
4) I'd like to see a working lircrc file for the program in 3)

Does anybody have this working? Can I get some hints and howtos on getting
this to work? I think I read somewhere that the fstab had to have some
special values for the /dev/cdrom in order to get it to work.

Thanks in advance,
Søren