[mythtv-users] USA to Europe

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Thu May 10 14:29:06 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-05-10 at 08:25 -0600, Kevin Wentland wrote:
> Doing it with an NFS share I would be concerned with latency as well
> as availability.  What I would really like is a way to mirror the usa
> box to the euro box.

Right.  That is what my proposal would accomplish.

> I don't want a master/slave situation because the master would still
> keep the recordings local(USA)  I want the recordings in europe.

Exactly.

> An even better setup would be.....
>
> Once the program has been transfered from USA to Europe the USA file
> is deleted....

Yup.  My proposal covered that too.

> Is this already possible?

Doesn't sound like, without (a fair amount of) "outboard" processing.

I think my proposal also solves a more general problem of allowing
multiple backends to pool their resources to satisfy their collective
scheduling requirements, so is useful even beyond your requirement.

b.

Brian J. Murrell