[mythtv-users] mythtv-setup fails to parse channels.conf

Mitko Haralanov voidtrance at comcast.net
Wed May 9 03:49:18 UTC 2007

On Wed, 9 May 2007 01:03:41 +0100
"Nick Morrott" <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:

> Your channels.conf file seems to have the correct 6 fields for ATSC.
> Is the card being detected correctly/is it configured correctly for
> ATSC in mythtv-setup? Is the channels.conf file readable by the
> mythtv-setup user?

The card is being recognized as a DVB pcHDTV3000 by mythtv-setup. Also,
as far as I can tell, all the messages in dmesg from the driver seem to
be the correct ones. Is there anything specific you mean by "Is the
card being detected correctly..."?

I am running mythtv-setup as the root user and the channels.conf file
(in /home/mythtv/channels.conf) is not only readable but also writable
by the root user.

--
Mitko Haralanov
voidtrance at comcast dot net