[mythtv-users] How to run MythDVD?

Lan Barnes lan at falleagle.net
Sun May 6 18:46:14 UTC 2007

I've read the on line docs and hit the wiki. I've looked in the
Wilson/Tittel book. Time to ask.

I have a working MythDora 3.2 box w/ 2 PVR-150s. I am a newbie although
Linux savvy.

My question pertains to MythDVD. I want to rip commercial DVDs (yes, I own
them) and then burn new copies as well as have them on HD to play.

When I insert a new DVD, k9copy kicks off. I don't know if this is
necessary or a side effect of Fedora's annoying default of launching what
it thinks I want to do when it sees new media. I have turned that off but
can turn it back on if I need it.

QUESTION 1: Is k9copy part of MythDVD or am I right to disable the auto
start-up?

When I do disable k9copy, I select "Import DVD" and get presented with a
screen that shows the title of the DVD and has some configuration. At the
bottom it says "0 Process Selected Title." It also shows "Title 1 of 21"
with arrows that allow me to traverse all 21 selections ... but it always
shows the same title.

QUESTION 2: What's with the 21 selections?

When I select "0", it says "No jobs and nothing left to do. You could
press 0 to rip a new DVD." Pressing 0 here takes me back to the select
screen (but on 19 of 21). I've tried this with the "Select" box checked
AND unchecked. No joy.

QUESTION 3: What's up? Am I missing some configuration somewhere?

TIA for help,

--
Lan Barnes

SCM Analyst              Linux Guy
Tcl/Tk Enthusiast        Biodiesel Brewer