[mythtv-users] moving from .20 to .21branch

Mitch Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Tue May 8 22:47:07 UTC 2007

Hi,

I recently upgraded from .20 to .21branch with the atrpm's.  When i upgraded
I first removed the .20 version then installed the .21.

It seemed to work but a funny thing happens.  Now when i am logged into
mythtv user and enter mythtvsetup I see the setup for .20 but if I change to
root i see the correct .21 version setup.  How do i fix this?

Even though this happens it seemed to work.  Now I just recently moved and I
am trying to configure QAM with my HDHomeRun and it scans successfully but
when i run the front-end all I get is a  black screen on 95% of the scanned
channels and myth says a error occurred on the channel and exits to the main
menu.  (the terminal doesnt give any hints either just says error.)

When looking at the channels through the windows HDHomeRun GUI i can view
the channels great.  I was wondering if there is some way i can manually add
channels that i know work and tune correctly?  What information do i need
from the GUI and how do i enter it into Myth?

Thanks,
Mitchell