[mythtv-users] Genius LuxeMate 810 Media Cruiser

František Augusztin frantisek at augusztin.com
Sun May 6 16:36:43 UTC 2007

>     May I ask you how you solved it? I have the very same keyboard and I've
> tried to set up a .Xmodmap file with all the special keys (except those 3
> not working also for me...) using the codes obtained through 'showkey'.
> Even if the file loads well using xmodmap, MythTV seems to completely
> ignore them, and it only detects the ones that detected previously without
> using xmodmap (volume up/down, play/pause, stop, next, prev, etc...).
> Nothing about channel up/down, LiveTV, DVDMenu, etc...

Well, i stoped right here :-). I seen that it sends events (i can see them in
xev), but didn't have time to set up xmodmap or mythtv. I created a xmodmap
file, but it won't load for me. This is content of my xmodmap file :

keycode 124 = XF86PowerOff
keycode 150 = XF86Standby
keycode 123 = XF86AudioRaiseVolume
keycode 122 = XF86AudioLowerVolume
keycode 121 = XF86AudioMute
keycode 172 = XF86AudioPlay
keycode 175 = XF86AudioRecord
keycode 174 = XF86AudioStop
keycode 173 = XF86AudioPrev
keycode 171 = XF86AudioNext
keycode 176 = XF86AudioRewind
!No AudioForward action, so we use BackForward :-)
keycode 216 = XF86BackForward
keycode 166 = XF86Back
keycode 138 = XF86Forward
keycode 143 = XF86Music
keycode 234 = XF86Pictures
keycode 145 = XF86Video
keycode 127 = Pause
!CH- key
keycode 154 = XF86ApplicationRight
!CH+ key
keycode 155 = XF86ApplicationLeft
!LiveTV (F21)
keycode 129 = XF86Launch0
!RecTV
keycode 141 = XF86Launch1
!DVDmenu
keycode 162 = XF86Launch2
!(conflict with Right) keycode 114 = Guide
!(conflict with Home) keycode 110 = XF86Start

Too bad i get following errors if i run xmodmap with this file :

xmodmap:  .Xmodmap:2:  bad keycode value (out of range)
xmodmap:  .Xmodmap:6:  bad keycode value (out of range)
xmodmap:  .Xmodmap:7:  bad keycode value (out of range)
xmodmap:  .Xmodmap:8:  bad keycode value (out of range)
xmodmap:  .Xmodmap:9:  bad keycode value (out of range)
xmodmap:  .Xmodmap:10:  bad keycode value (out of range)
xmodmap:  .Xmodmap:11:  bad keycode value (out of range)
xmodmap:  .Xmodmap:13:  bad keycode value (out of range)
xmodmap:  .Xmodmap:14:  bad keycode value (out of range)
xmodmap:  .Xmodmap:15:  bad keycode value (out of range)
xmodmap:  .Xmodmap:16:  bad keycode value (out of range)
xmodmap:  .Xmodmap:17:  bad keycode value (out of range)
xmodmap:  .Xmodmap:18:  bad keycode value (out of range)
xmodmap:  .Xmodmap:21:  bad keycode value (out of range)
xmodmap:  .Xmodmap:23:  bad keycode value (out of range)
xmodmap:  .Xmodmap:27:  bad keycode value (out of range)
xmodmap:  .Xmodmap:29:  bad keycode value (out of range)

Do you have different xmodmap file (i mean keycodes) ?
--
Frantisek Augusztin
frantisek at augusztin.com