[mythtv-users] Viewing video files on CD??

Alan Murrell lists at murrell.ca
Sun May 6 09:00:17 UTC 2007

Hello,

I have several CDs with .avi and .mpg files on them.  Typically if I want to
watch one of them, I have to copy the video file to the hard disk on my
MythTV box then watch it off the hard disk.

Has anyone by any chance setup MythTV so that it can load the files on the CD
directly and allow one to watch them?  For example, perhaps it automounts the
CD, performs a scan for new video files, then lists them when one goes to the
appropriate menu item in MythTV (Media Library -> Watch Videos)?

Is there some sort of HOWTO?

Please advise.  I look forward to hearing from you.

-Alan M.