[mythtv-users] Harmony and Imon

Eric Smith erictsmith at gmail.com
Fri May 4 16:02:29 UTC 2007

So I finally broke down and bought a Harmony 880 to replace my imon-pad
remote on my main box.  I won't actually get my new harmony for a couple of
weeks so this is all just preliminary thinking and planning ahead....

I know the imon uses a different standard and won't work well by default
with the harmony.  So I have two main questions.
 1. Can the harmony "learn" to communicate in the imon's langauge?
 2. If not, i have a usb-mce lying around as well that i can use as the ir
reciever.  I would like to retain my imon VFD though.  Is it possible to
keep my imon vfd running, but disable its ir reciever and use the mce
instead?