[mythtv-users] ITV2 + 1 EIT Data

Steve Milner mythtv-users at stephen-milner.me.uk
Thu May 3 10:52:17 UTC 2007

I have recently added the ITV2 +1 channel to my UK DVB-T Myth box but I
am not able to obtain any EIT data from the transmitted guide. I have
ticked the Use On Air Guide for this channel.

At the same time I added FiveUS and FiveLife which are both receiving
this data.

Could someone give me an explanation of how the 'over the air guide' works.

In what format is the data transmitted and how does mythtv work out
which channel the data is meant for.

I suspect that the data is being transmitted, but getting 'lost' somewhere.

It is of course possible that no data is being transmitted and I'm
wondering if it's possible to script a job for mythconverg to delete the
itv2 +1 guide data and then insert the itv2 data time-shifted by an hour
into the itv2 +1 channel.

I'm SQL adept so just a few pointers towards the tables in mythconverg
would help, plus an idea of how the time format is stored so that I can
easily shift by an hour.

Regards,
Steve