[mythtv-users] Small, low cost MythTV clients...

Todd Ignasiak ignasiak at gmail.com
Wed May 2 23:24:08 UTC 2007

On 5/2/07, stuart <stuart at xnet.com> wrote:
> Hi Todd...
>
> Todd Ignasiak wrote:
> > On 5/1/07, stuart <stuart at xnet.com> wrote:
> >
> >> If someone would start a thin-client or galaxy wiki where we could post
> >> pictures, I could upload some examples.
> >
> > I just put a quick UPnP Client page up on the Wiki:
> >
> > http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/UPnPClientInfo
>
> Thanks Todd.  Questions:
>
> 1) How do we up load images and include them in the wiki page?

On the left vertical pane, there is an are called "toolbox", there is
a link there for uploading files.

> 2) How do (and would you mind if) we add pages or morph pages together?

Feel free.  Whatever works best.     Adding a page per device might be
more manageable, since there will potentially be a lot of information.

I stopped off and picked up a D-Link DSM-520 at a local store, so I
could try out UPnP and have the option to easily return it.    Any
writeup along with screenshots will get quite long..  I was thinking
of adding another wiki page for that, or just linking to an external
free site like Google Pages.

> A) I ask because you added a page specifically for UPNP clients.  I
> would eventually like to see native MythTV support on the galaxy.  That
> may go on a different page.  However, to make matters confusing, there
> is already a "Choosing Frontend Hardware" page and on that one there are
> thin clients similar to the galaxy.

Native Myth would be great,  but that seems like a big challenge.  If
a development effort like that kicked off, it would definitely merit
its own page(s).

Have you ever checked out MythRoku?  It's the closest I have seen to a
native myth media player.  Of course, the HD1000 hardware is out of
production, and I'm not sure if development is continuing... but it's
still really cool:
http://forums.rokulabs.com/viewtopic.php?t=10517&start=120&postdays=0&postorder=asc