[mythtv-users] Ubuntu Edgy -> Feisty upgrade report

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Tue May 1 06:47:47 UTC 2007

On 5/1/07, Jon Boehm <jbpub at comcast.net> wrote:
> Over all this was a much easier upgrade than I thought.  I have visions of a
> dead box and all sorts of other bad stuff.  It probably took 4 hours to
> trouble shoot all of these problems.

I had it easy too.  Somehow, mythweb got uninstalled and the actual
distribution upgrade crashed halfway through, but I was able to
restart from where it broke.  There are always a few hassles to
resolve after each upgrade such as re-enabling networking access to
mysql and securing mythweb but I am getting better at those now :P

Another painless experience with Ubuntu.