[mythtv-users] Ubuntu Edgy -> Feisty upgrade report

Stef Coene stef.coene at docum.org
Tue May 1 06:38:57 UTC 2007

On Monday 30 April 2007, Jon Boehm wrote:
> Over all this was a much easier upgrade than I thought.  I have visions of
> a dead box and all sorts of other bad stuff.  It probably took 4 hours to
> trouble shoot all of these problems.
For me, the upgrade was really painfull.  Each time ivtv did something, my box
rebooted.  I checked and double checked everything, but I could not get it
working.
Using the kernel from edgy and an older ivtv firmware is the only way it
works.

I have a pvr500 in my backend.

On sunday I had my first mtyhbackend crash ever.

Stef