[mythtv-users] mythtv svn_mar_6_2007 : VSYNC timing method changed from DRM to SGI OpenGL

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Wed Mar 7 13:21:29 UTC 2007

In message <684092.7108.qm at web34910.mail.mud.yahoo.com>
        James Warden <warjamy at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I recompiled my mythtv from the latest svn (main trunk) yesterday
> evening on my laptop which holds an nVidia GeForce 4200 Go, intel
> pentium M, and runs debian unstable, kernel 2.6.20 (custom build). I
> sometimes use this laptop as a frontend to a remote backend which I
> updated as well to match the mythtv net protocol versions (is now 33).
>
> The frontend is not running properly any longer when watching
> liveTV. I get some "wait timed out 10 times" messages all the time. I
> looked at the vsync timing method displayed by the f/e messages and i
> could see it changed from DRM (before I recompiled from svn) to SGI
> OpenGL.  This stuttering symptom does not occur when watching a
> recording (from liveTV or other).
>
> So my question is : is this vsync timing change OK ? and why such a
> change occured after I recompiled (with the same compile options I
> used in the past) ? and could it be the cause of the liveTV stuttering
> problem ?

My machine does that if I use OpenGL sync. If I want to watch any
live TV (which I generally don't) then I have to change the sync
method to something else.

I only worked out why I couldn't watch live TV a few months back
and I haven't had a chance to investigate the problem any further
since.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)