[mythtv-users] mythtv svn_mar_6_2007 : VSYNC timing method changed from DRM to SGI OpenGL

James Warden warjamy at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 7 13:13:02 UTC 2007

Hi list,

I recompiled my mythtv from the latest svn (main trunk) yesterday evening on my laptop which holds an nVidia GeForce 4200 Go,  intel pentium M, and runs debian unstable, kernel 2.6.20 (custom build). I sometimes use this laptop as a frontend to a remote backend which I updated as well to match the mythtv net protocol versions (is now 33).

The frontend is not running properly any longer when watching liveTV. I get some "wait timed out 10 times" messages all the time. I looked at the vsync timing method displayed by the f/e messages and i could see it changed from DRM (before I recompiled from svn) to SGI OpenGL.  This stuttering symptom does not occur when watching  a recording (from liveTV or other).

So my question is : is this vsync timing change OK ? and  why such a change occured after I recompiled (with the same compile options I used in the past) ? and could it be the cause of the liveTV stuttering problem ?

Thanks for any hints.

J.