[mythtv-users] Any Gentoo MythWeb users who could help out?

Robert RobertCL at iname.com
Wed Jun 27 18:25:05 UTC 2007

Mark Knecht wrote:
> I did not edit that file. Actually I found two files in the /var/www directory:
>
> /var/www/localhost/htdocs/mythweb/data/.htaccess
> /var/www/localhost/htdocs/mythweb/.htaccess
>
> I didn't edit either of them as the Gentoo Wiki said to edit
> /etc/apache2/httpd.conf. Is that wrong?
>
> OK, looking in /var/www/localhost/htdocs/mythweb/.htaccess I don't see
> anything like this code:
>
> <Directory /var/www/html/mythweb>
>   Options FollowSymLinks
>   AllowOverride All
> </Directory>
>
> so I am now confused about what I'm supposed to be editing or what the
> edit is supposed to look like.

My .htaccess is attached (hope it makes it).  I'm fairly sure this came
with the mythweb installation, but I had to do something with it - i.e.
configure it or copy it into place from another location.

I recommend you configure the security bit (I've cut mine out before
anyone gets any ideas) and you'll also need to configure the username
and password for the database (they aren't the ones I use either!)

Robert.