[mythtv-users] Zap2it Labs Shutting Down?

Srikant Sharma srikant.sharma at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 18:40:22 UTC 2007

Disclaimer: I am very new to mythtv so just disregard this mail if it does
not make sense.

I gather that the main complaint of zap2it is the abuse of their
system/facility by users.
They apparently do not have problem is sharing the listings with end-users
like us, so far.

Is it possible for us (mythtv-users) to convince them to share the data
with a very limited
number of users?  We users can later distribute.propagate the data using
some peer-to-peer
protocol. This will alleviate the load on their servers and we can still
manage to get the listings.

I am sure mythtv users will not mind to share the listings with neighbors,
if there is some way to
get them an distribute them.

--
Srikant