[mythtv-users] Moving myth from /usr/local to /usr

Robin Hill myth at robinhill.me.uk
Wed Jun 13 15:54:13 UTC 2007

On Wed Jun 13, 2007 at 08:37:34AM -0700, Jon Boehm wrote:

> On the flip side once a package is installed in /usr/local/ is
> supersedes a package in /usr, especially its supporting libraries.
>
> As an example, when I first built my box I built lirc because the
> Ubuntu package did not have udp support.  Now I'm stuck because the
> Ubuntu package is more advanced and I have no defined way to remove
> the /usr/local package.  Please tell me I'm wrong and that removing
> an /usr/local package is simple.

If it's a package then removing it should be just the same as any other
package.  If you mean you've installed from source into /usr/local then
it should be easy enough to clean up the files manually - the following
would look (at first glance anyway) to cover everything:

        rm /usr/local/bin/myth*
        rm -rf /usr/local/include/mythtv
        rm -rf /usr/local/lib/mythtv
        rm -rf /usr/local/share/mythtv