[mythtv-users] Recordings are split up at the commercial breaks.

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Jun 3 12:36:39 UTC 2007

On 06/03/2007 06:29 AM, mnmis mnmis wrote:
> I just did a fresh install of Mythdora 4.0 and I am having a problem
> with recordings.
>
> When I record a show, for some reason the recording gets split up at
> the commercial breaks.
>
> So it I record a 1 hour show and view it later, it will show up as
> multible sections of the whole show.
>
> I do have commercial flagging on but not transcoding. I also turned
> off commercial flagging and that didn't fix the problem.
>
> Anyone have a fix?

I have no idea how this could even happen as Myth doesn't even provide a
way to do this if you want to...  The only reason Myth should start a
new recording is if the first fails.  So, chances are your backend is
crashing every once in a while, something automatically restarts it, and
it restarts the recording?

Mike