[mythtv-users] tv resolution !?!

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Thu Jul 19 09:15:32 UTC 2007

> and check the capture settings for your PVR500.  Bitrate is more
> important that hight resolution (In fact increasing resolution without
> increasing the bitrate significantly will make the recording worse.  I
> think if you search the lists and documentation you'll find plenty of
> examples of settings that work.

http://www.mediachance.com/dvdlab/tutorial/bitrate.html

On my PVR150 I've found that half D1 (2800/4200) at 720x576 works well as
a default rate and full D1 (4800/8000) works well for the high quality
profile and avoids artifacts on sports and action movies. The default rate
comes in at about 1.5G per hour recorded.

--
Robin Gilks