[mythtv-users] controlling directv D12-300 via usb

Tim Litwiller timlitw at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 03:35:59 UTC 2007

I recieved my 2 d12-300 directv recievers.  They have a usb a connector on
the back of them I find that people are suggesting getting 2 usb 2 serial
cable and a null modem adapter between them. If I usderstand correctly that
is what these data transfer cables that computer places are selling with new
Windows Vista machines to transfer your setting and data from your old
computer to the new computer.  Does anyone know how those cables work - is
there a chance that they wold work?

If no one has tested I may just have to try one just to see.