[mythtv-users] Why would this happen?

Bruce Nordstrand brucen at ksl.com.au
Tue Jul 10 08:47:44 UTC 2007

Brian Wood wrote:
> Bruce Nordstrand wrote:
>
>> Bit peeved at the moment. Myth has been running flawlessly for months
>> then suddenly decided to do the dirty on my most important recordings. I
>> am recording the Tour de France every day. Last night, Myth showed Stage
>> 2 as recording and went on to flag commercials (I saw this in the task
>> list). Today when I went to watch Stage 2 Myth tells me the file for
>> this recording cannot be found? WTF!!! Where would it go? There was 65Gb
>> free at this stage, the recordings are approx 6.5Gb.
>>
>> Any reason why this would happen?
>>

> Have you ever heard of Edsel Murphy?
>
> But seriously, if you can get to a command line prompt and start
> checking filesystem integrity, then look for the file itself, without
> Myth, you might find it.
>
> Your file(s) may be perfectly OK, you might just have a database problem.
>
> BEWW

Thanks Brian

Anyone else want to take out a contract on this Murphy guy - he is a
total PITB!!! :)

I have checked the entire filesystem and everything is fine. There are
no other 6Gb+ files anywhere on the system, so the DB seems to be fine
as well. What gets me is Myth put the record in recorded programs
without a file....strange, real strange.

Tonight, I'll watch live and then check the recording at intervals. I'll
just have to put up with all those damn commercials!

Cheers
Bruce