[mythtv-users] Scanning Echostar 8/10

Eric Lareon eric_lareon at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 10 02:04:34 UTC 2007

I have a Myth box running 0.20.1 on Gentoo with a 2.6.20 kernel. I'm interested in receiving GolTV on Echostar 8/10, which is currently broadcast free to air. I have been unable to get my myth box to successfully find any services when I scan the satellite. During the scan it says "locked" on 12224000 (tp freq) and actually recognizes the satellite as it says Echostar 110 processing, however it doesn't find any channels. I had it run a Full Scan and gave it the following values:

Frequency: 12224000
Polarization: Right Circular
Symbol Rate: 20000000
FEC: Auto
Inversion: Auto

At the end of the scan it says "No Tables Found". The debugging output of mythtv-setup is attached for reference. If I try to import a channels.conf with all the proper data for Gol TV, it attempts to scan but doesn't find anything (DiSEqC port 2).

GOLTV:12341:v:1:20000:4130:4132:407

If I tune manually with szap and run mplayer against the dvr0 interface of the  dvb card, the card tunes and the audio and video work great.

Is scanning the Echostar satellites currently broken in MythTV? I also tried with an older 0.20 release and had the same results.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Visit the Yahoo! Auto Green Center.