[mythtv-users] DirecTV D11-500 Control Issue

jmk jmk at foofus.net
Thu Jul 5 14:20:20 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-07-05 at 09:02 -0400, David George wrote:
> Has anyone replied to your actual question yet?  I have a D12-300 (not
> sure how similar it is to the D11-500) with a USB port on the back.  I
> used one of my old pl2303 cables that I bought on eBay a few years ago
> and it works perfectly.  I used the directv3.pl script from the pdp8
> site mentioned.  I call the script with:
>
> /usr/local/bin/directv3.pl box_type d10-100
>
> No other options were needed because on my myth box I am using
> /dev/ttyS0.  If you are using a different serial port you can use:
> directv3.pl box_type d10-100 port /dev/ttyUSB0' for example.  I did use
> a null modem cable between the directv receiver and the myth box.

Thanks, but it's no longer an issue for me. I purchased a couple BF-810
[1] adapters and things just worked. I contacted EMT regarding the
adapters they sent and was told to return them, which I did. Just
waiting now to see if I actually get credited for them...

Joe

[1] http://store.shentech.com/bausbtodb9se.html