[mythtv-users] adding frontend

Paul Harvey paul.l.harvey at gmail.com
Sun Feb 25 17:10:31 UTC 2007

Is you FE/BE binding to 127.0.0.1?  I believe that is the default.  If
so, you need to change it to a network addressable address, or your
new front end will never be able to connect.

If you haven't changed the setting on MySQL, the default there is
usually 127.0.0.1 also and could cause problems.

On 2/25/07, Mitchell Gore <mitchell2345 at msn.com> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
> I am trying to add a new frontend to my already working FE/BE system.  I
> have setup the database to allow access.  Also on the new FE i put in the
> correct IP's.  When i start mythfrontend i can see my recordings but when i
> click on them myth blinks then goes back to the gui.  i was thinking maybe i
> had to mount the recordings on the new FE so i did over samba.  That didnt
> help as the setup reports the location doesnt exist.  What am i missing
> here?
>
> Thanks,
> Mitchell

I have Gmail invites... Email me if you want one!