[mythtv-users] adding frontend

Stroller linux.luser at myrealbox.com
Tue Feb 27 12:24:03 UTC 2007

On 25 Feb 2007, at 16:50, Mitchell Gore wrote:

> I am trying to add a new frontend to my already working FE/BE
> system.  I have setup the database to allow access.  Also on the
> new FE i put in the correct IP's.  When i start mythfrontend i can
> see my recordings but when i click on them myth blinks then goes
> back to the gui..  i was thinking maybe i had to mount the
> recordings on the new FE so i did over samba.

That's correct - you needed to do that.
(NFS may give better performance, tho')

> That didnt help as the setup reports the location doesnt exist.
> What am i missing here?

I think the paths to the recordings need to be the same on each
machine. IE: if the films are mounted as /mnt/video on the backed
then they need to be mounted at the same place (although over Samba /
NFS) on the frontend.

In case I'm mistaken it would help if you pasted the exact text from
the setup reports - hopefully it says more than "the location doesnt
exist", but instead "/path/to/location doesnt exist"?? Also `ls /path/
to/location` on both FE & BE would help prove the scenario.

Stroller.