[mythtv-users] MythMusic dynamic sorting

Robert RobertCL at iname.com
Sun Feb 25 09:09:37 UTC 2007

David Fishburn wrote:
> Myth 0.20
>
> Currently, I have my music sorted by tags using author, album, song.  I
> suspect this is the default order.
>
> I organize my music by directory structure. I know I can change the default
> sort order to directory.
>
> I am collecting more and more mixed albums.  Half the time I want to add
> songs (to the playlist) by author, but the other half I want to add it by a
> directory.
>
> Is there a way to dynamically change this while looking at your music list?
> I looked through the various key bindings (in MythWeb) but didn't see any
> options available to me.
>
> Do other people have solutions to this kind of dilema if Myth doesn't
> provide any support natively?

I'd be interested something similar to this too.  Sometimes I want to
search by author->album->song, but other times by album->author->song
for compilation albums.  In the same way that in iTunes you can select
"All authors" then get a list of all albumns.

I've not found a way to do it though - but tbh, I've not looked very
hard either.

Robert.