[mythtv-users] Recommended HDTV card Australia

Marc Castles marc at castlesblog.com
Tue Feb 20 15:30:00 UTC 2007

Hi everyone,

this is my first post and I apologise if this question has been
already answered before.

I've been reading about MythTV for a while now and I want to convert
my old computer into a PVR.

My problem is that I have no idea what Tuner I should get and if I
need a new graphics card.

I would like to be able to watch/record Digital TV as well as analog
and living in australia means I will need a PAL card.

The computer I want to convert has the following specs:

P4 2.8ghz
2gig ram
radeon 9800 pro
audigy2 sound card

so I guess my question is:

will my radeon 9800pro be sufficient to plug into my tv?
what tv tuner card is recommended for a mythtv setup in Australia?