[mythtv-users] how long should commercial flagging take to complete?

Kevin Ould crippler75 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 20:16:48 UTC 2007

> I'm not sure where to start on this one. Yes 15 hours is too long,
> unless you're running on a Commodore 64, and even then it's
> questionable.
>
> Can you log into the machine from another box vis SSH? Top will show
> you what processes are running. "ps aux | grep commflag" would tell
> you if the job is running as well.
>
> You can also get another console by the alt-shift-F(x) key method and
> log in as root, but a lot depends on your particular distro, some of
> them try and "protect" you from yourself.
>
> I'd guess you're just seeing the old job on the MythWeb site and it
> has actually finished.
>
> It's really worth your time to learn some Unix/Linux basics, and fun
> too.

The PC is an AMD64 3700+ just for reference. I am logged into the machine
via VNC from work at the moment and I ran the command you mentioned and here
is the output:

kevin 25473 93.3 10.2 162500 106668 pts/2 RNl+ Feb18 986:39
/usr/local/bin/mythcommflag -j 1 -v 3
kevin 23313 0.0   0.0   2804      753    pts/3  R+   15:07   0:00   grep
commflag

That's it. I am learning tons about Unix/Linux as I go but I am still a newb
and don't know all the little things. I recently switched my desktop over to
Linux as well so i am learning tons with tons more to learn.

Does the above tell you anything?

Thanks,

Kevin